Please join us on the winter solstice, Tuesday, December 21st, to enjoy ON BEING’s MIDWINTER GATHERING on our big screen.
In this program, On Being is offering via Zoom, “an hour of reflection, gentle ritual, and poetry to ponder all we’ve been living through — and orient ourselves generatively, peaceably, toward the world ahead.”
On Being’s Winter Gathering is a free, live Zoom event that Hopewell Theater will be projecting onto our big screen for those who wish to attend at the theater. Register here.
Hosting the event is On Being’s Krista Tippett together with Lucas Johnson and other colleagues. Special guests will include Dr. Christine Runyan and Naomi Shihab Nye.
Previously on the On Being podcast, Dr. Christine Runyan discussed the effects of pandemic and social distancing on our stress response and nervous systems — the literal mind-body-spirit connection. On this Zoom, hosts will catch up with her about the roller coaster the rest of 2021 has been, and she’ll guide us in a body practice. Naomi Shihab Nye will offer poetic benediction, sending us onto the threshold of this season.
The event is Tuesday, December 21st (the winter solstice) from 5-6pm.
All are welcome and attendance is free. HT will register for the event and project the Zoom for all who attend. If you cannot attend at HT, and want to attend at home, registration is required here.
- Attendees will not be on video or audio.
- Closed captioning will be available.
- Bring a journal and pen, if you’d like.
- Live chat will be open for a portion of the event.
- This gathering will be recorded for later viewing and shared through On Being’s weekly newsletter, The Pause.
- If you’ve registered to view at home, you will receive an email on the day of the event with a link to join.
- Please visit the On Being website if you have any questions, or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about The On Being Project, visit onbeing.org.